Skin Type: For all skin type
Suitable for: teenagers, women and men
Best before: 10 months
we make everything freshly made-on order so please note down the processing time
*DISPATCH TIME : 5 to 7 working days * from the date of order .
Product Description: Mystic Naturals, African Black Soap is sourced directly from artisanal farmers of Ghana. It is known for for its rich natural sources of vitamin A & E. The recipe is 100-year old originating from Africa and it is made from the components of locally harvested African plants. Ancient Africans use this daily for a clean, healthy & beautiful skin. It is 100% natural and contains no alkali like caustic soda or potash. Saponification ie., the process of turning oil and water into soap, is achieved by using special natural ingredient.
Authentic Traditional Ingredients: Pure palm kernel oil, pure palm oil, coconut oil,unrefined cocoa butter, unrefined shea butter, plantain skin ash, cocoa pod leaves, Aloevera, Raw honey, Lemon juice, Camwood, purified water. we source the raw african black soap directly from Ghana , natural fragrance is added in our unit and hygenically packed to you.
use 1-2 drops of soap for face wash & considerable amount of soap for body wash to attain a well balanced healthy skin.
· Deeply cleanses dirt, grime,dead cells & excess sebum from skin.
· Reduces blemishes, dark spots, scars & improves skin tone.
· Fights both face & body acne.
· Unclogs blocked pores , minimises wrinkles & fine lines.
· camwood has high content of Lycopene (powerful anti-oxidant which gets rid of free radicals in the body) & Vitamin C which helps to get rid of acne & revive a dull skin.
· Plantain skin ashes is a rich source of vitamins A & E and iron.
· Unrefined shea and Cocoa butter softens and firms the skin and has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties to fight against free radicals, repair damaged skin and renew skin cells.
· Cocoa pod leaves has skin-nourishing proteins and antioxidants that help promote blood circulation, even skin tone, and wipe away dead skin cells.
· Palm kernel oil It is a great skin moisturiser, Cures dry and itchy skin.
Origin of African black soap:
African Black soap or ‘ose dudu’ originated from the Yoruba communities in Benin, Togo and Nigeria. The term ‘Black Soap is derived from its Yoruba meaning. The word ose means “soap” and dudu means “black”. In Ghana, it is called ‘anago samina’.
How black soap is made in Ghana?
Plantain peels, cocoa pods are naturally dried by the sun to a precise color, texture and fragrance. The skins are then roasted in a clay oven to produce ash. Water is added to the ashes and filtered. The filtered ash base is mixed with red palm oil and stirred by local woman for up to 24 hours. As the soap begins to solidify, the clay like substance begins to float to the top. The substance is scooped out and the mixture is set to cure for two weeks before it’s prepared for sale.
Authentic black soap does not contain conventional lye. Roasting the plantain leaves and cocoa pods are used as part of the saponification’s process. Black soap is 100% natural, organic and vegan in origins and process.
· You can choose the fragrance of your choice for this product. We use essential oils for the aroma not artificial fragrances.
· Natural product can also cause allergies in some people. People with skin sensitivity and allergy must do a patch test in elbow before use.
Disclaimer:Every piece is a creation of artisans and handmade with care. There may be natural blemishes and variations that are not product flaws. so u might find slight changes in color and size of the product from the pictures shown.