ABOUT OUR COMPANY
The company was founded by PROPRIETOR V .Chandrasekaran &
MANAGING DIRECTOR Rashmi. C in the year 2017 on September 1st in the name of I TRUST FOOD FACTORY
Plain Appalam/Pappad : urad flour, rice flour , salt , cumin seeds, calcium carbonate & edible vegetable oil ( No soda Added)
Pepper & Jeera Appalam/Pappad :
urad flour, rice flour ,Pepper, salt , cumin seeds, calcium carbonate & edible vegetable oil ( No soda Added)
Curry Leaves, Pepper & Jeera Appalam/Pappad:
urad flour, rice flour , curry leaves, pepper, jeera, salt , cumin seeds, calcium carbonate & edible vegetable oil ( No soda Added)
Pepper & Jeera Appalam/Pappad:
urad flour, rice flour , Pepper, Jeera ,salt , cumin seeds, calcium carbonate & edible vegetable oil
( No soda Added)
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
Applam, the thin crispy disc shaped food which completes every proper South Indian meal. The Origin of Appalam comes from South India and is consumed for the past 100 years throughout India addressed with different names.
During earlier days Applam making was considered to be a household summer festival for all the ladies of the house for its Richness of taste, Flavor and the healthy ingredients. Today in our fast moving world Applam making may not be a festival anymore but there is no festival without Appalam.
Here comes the Question, is the Appalam we consume today carrying the same taste, ingredients and flavor back then from our traditional times? Are these Appalam giving the required health it should be giving? Is our Applam value for money? Are you worried?
Don’t, because we Athiban Appalam are here!
Why Athiban Appalam?
We have come up to bring back all the missing great taste and a wonderful flavor from our own tradition which also is value for money. We seek Liberation to your body in order to sense the richness of a healthy food and making your every meal a special one thus our tag line “UNAVAI VIRUNDHAKKIVIDUM – SAVOUR YOUR FOOD”
Why is Athiban Appalam Healthy?
Though appalam being consumed from baby toddlers to adults, many appalam companies in the market use cheap washing soda and baking soda which is very harmful for the health. These appalam come at a cheaper cost but with costly side effects to your health, be aware of what your buying for your family & kids.
Athiban appalam is prepared with,
- Best quality ingredients
- Prepared in hygienic environment
- Homemade recipe
- Natural process
Thus quality, taste and 100% health.
We believe in growing with, the pride of providing healthy food to the society.
Tasty & Tested Food Recipes With Our Appalam/Pappad
LUNCH SPECIAL RECIPE:
Madras Special Appalam Kuzhambu/Curry
Ingredients ( servings : 4 )
- Athiban Apalam – 4-5nos (Break into pieces),
- Turmeric powder -¼tsp
- Grated Coconut – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Sambar Powder – 1 ½ tbsp / to taste
- Tamarind paste – 1 tbsp / to taste
- Asafoetida powder – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seed – 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seed -1/2 tsp
- Toor Dal – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Gingely Oil – 4-5 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 springs
- Grated Jaggery – 1 tsp
- Red chilli -1
- Coriander leaves-few
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Water – 2 cup/as needed
- Mix the Tamarind paste in 2 cups of water and keep it to the side.
- Heat the Kadai and add Oil, Mustard seeds. After it splutters, add the Fenugreek seed and Toor dal. Once it become golden brown, add the asafetida powder and Curry leaves.
- add the grated Coconut, Turmeric and Sambar powder. Saute it for few seconds.
- Add the Tamarind extract and Salt. Allow it to boil for 15 min, until the oil separates. Cook it in the medium flame.
- Finally add the Jaggery and mix it well. Switch off the flame/heat.If the kuzhambu is very dilute in consistency, we can also mix 1 teaspoon of rice flour with water and add this to the kuzhambu to make it thicker.
- Fry appalam separately and add finally to the kuzhlambu.
- Serve it hot with Rice. ,chow chow kootu or potato fry is the perfect combination for this yummy Kuzhambu.
1) Appalam has salt in it so please add salt accordingly.
2) u can add tomato for colour
3)In few homes they use urad dal to temper instead of toor dal
4)If you have any sun dried vegetables like okra or egg plant try adding them with appalam.
2) BUTTERMILK AND APPALAM DRINK
- add fried and crushed appalam along with a pinch of lemonpickle into butter milk for a new and delicious drink